Beko Launches in Singapore with Home Appliances Powered by Smart Innovation
Eco-friendly refrigerators, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers from West Europe’s No1 free standing white goods brand is now available to consumers in Singapore
12 December 2013, Malaysia – Following its launch in Malaysia, China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, Beko a leading global home appliances brand from Europe, is now available in Singapore. Beko offers resource-efficient home appliances that come with smart technologies, exclusive designs and functionality. Beko’s refrigerators, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers are now available at various retail outlets including Courts Megastore, Courts Causeway Point and Courts Jurong Point.
Beko is the main international household appliances brand of the Arçelik Group, the third largest white goods company in Europe, and is currently sold in over 100 countries worldwide. The strength of the Beko brand can be seen in the continuous growth of its market share across Europe. In the last 5 years in the overall European market, Beko has been the brand with the highest unit market share increase. Beko is also the top selling refrigerator brand in Western Europe* and it is ranked 2nd in the freezer and 3rd in the washing machine, dishwasher and cooker segments.
The Beko collection, which blends functionality, aesthetics and technology while providing smart solutions has been brought into Singapore in collaboration with Thakral Corporation Ltd through its wholly-owned Singapore subsidiary, Digital Info Technology Pte Ltd. (DIT). Beko products are available in Malaysia as well. Authorised Beko Dealers can be found in various outlets throughout East and West Malaysia. Outlets can be sourced through http://www.beko.my
Beko products: inspired by nature
Beko is a consumer-focused brand offering eco-friendly appliances that incorporate innovative technology, functional design and efficiency which impact the daily lives of the Smart Generation of today. Today’s consumers live in a constantly evolving world. While these consumers live life to the fullest, they are increasingly aware that their actions impact the world they live in. These people are ‘The Smart Generation’ that is inspired by nature and inspires Beko to develop smart products and solutions.
Beko is committed to reducing the impact of its products and the production of its products on the environment. Green-thinking begins at the product design stage to ensure products are energy efficient. These designs are converted to real products in line with production processes that support Beko’s determination to reduce its carbon footprint and environmental impact.
In addition, Beko’s products go beyond meeting the required global standards for saving energy and water to help people make better use of space and other resources. Beko has received recognition for its green-thinking efforts from various authorities in Europe. The Arçelik Group, the parent company of Beko, is the first and only white goods company granted the "Platinum” and “Gold” Certificates for its environmentally-friendly production facilities. (Awarded by an independent body accredited from Turkey’s General Directorate of Renewable Energy)
Eco-Friendly Products from Beko:
- Beko recognizes that it is important for refrigerators to come with energy saving features because they are turned on 24 hours a day. Beko’s refrigerators come with A+++ and A++ energy ratings.
- Beko’s washing machines are one of the most energy saving washing machines available in the market, consuming 10% less energy than the A+++ energy class level. This is approximately half the energy consumed by an average washing machine being used in homes. All Beko washing machines and washer dryers also have excellent water efficiency level.
- Beko’s washer dryer combo machines feature The Air Cool Technology which helps families save approximately 7,000 litres of water annually, more than any similar product from other brands in the market.
- Beko’s heat-pump tumble dryer range helps achieve 60% lower energy consumption compared to even A class models.
- AquaFusion™ technology in Beko washing machines enables 10% savings in detergent for every wash. The detergent loss during the water absorption process is reduced to a minimum while the machine provides the best possible cleaning and detergent-free rinsing results.
Innovation from Beko
The following Beko products are now available in Singapore. In the coming months, the range will be extended to include built-in ovens, cooker hoods, hobs and freezers. The offerings will also be available at a wider range of retail stores.
- Ice-cream making refrigerator: Beko refrigerators are designed with features that meet consumers’ lifestyle needs. With a capacity of 611 litres, and a 4 tick energy efficiency level, the DN 162220DJIZX features a unique automatic ice cream making compartment. A market first, this feature allows consumers to make preservative- and additive- free ice cream in the comfort of their own homes.
- Rice-storing refrigerator: The CFF 6873GR features a compartment offering optimum conditions for the storage of rice, a key staple for the Asian family. This refrigerator makes smart use of space by allowing a special compartment to switch from freezer to fridge and vice versa with the simple touch of a button. A “Holiday” mode keeps the refrigerator and freezer running in the most energy efficiently way, when users are away for a long period of time. This refrigerator has also been awarded “Innovative Product of the year 2012” by the China Household Electric Appliance Research Institute.
- Low water consumption dishwasher: Beko’s dishwashers have the lowest water consumption in the market. The DSFN6839W consumes just 6 litres of water when washing 12 dishes, and is extremely quiet at just 43 decibels. Mix wash technology ensures protection of even the most delicate items.
For more information on product pricing, features and availability, please refer to Annex A.
For more information on Beko products in Malaysia, please visit http://www.beko.my
“Singapore and the rest of Southeast Asia present great potential for Beko and our launch in Singapore will strengthen our position here while extending our international presence,” said Mr Levent Çakıroğlu, President of Koç Holding Durable Goods and the CEO of the Arçelik Group. “Globally, Beko continues to meet and even go beyond the expectations of consumers with high-quality products featuring technology developed by our R&D capabilities. Ensuring we adapt our product range to serve the needs of different international markets has also been significant in contributing to our success and the growing popularity of Beko.”
Added Mr Çakıroğlu on Beko’s collaboration with Thakral Corporation Ltd, “In Singapore, Beko is launching an extensive range of innovative products that appeal to different needs. I am sure that with our collaboration with Thakral Corporation Ltd and its wholly-owned Singapore subsidiary, Digital Info Technology Pte Ltd., Beko will become one of the leading brands in the Singapore market within a short period of time, as it is in other global markets.”
“We are very impressed by Beko’s consumer-focused and eco-friendly approach,” said Mr Teo Wee Kiang, Senior Vice President of Digital Info Technology Pte Ltd, which is responsible for bringing the Beko brand into Singapore. “The market is becoming increasingly environmentally-aware. This can be seen from government initiatives to incorporate water- and energy-saving facilities in public housing estates as part of the Greenprint initiative as well as a growing array of private developments featuring eco-friendly facilities. As a socially responsible company, DIT is demonstrating its commitment to the environment by bringing in to Singapore Beko’s offerings which have been designed with green-thinking and innovation.”
Said Mr Tim Luce, Country CEO of Courts Singapore, said, “As the preferred retailer for Beko’s debut, we are very excited to give our customers the opportunity to be amongst the first in the country to own Beko home appliances. These innovative, functional and well-designed products, which incorporate green-thinking, complement the lifestyle of young families, and we anticipate an enthusiastic response when they officially launch in our stores.”
ABOUT BEKO INTERNATIONAL
Beko is the international household appliances brand of Arçelik Group. The Beko brand offers product lines including major appliances, consumer electronics, air conditioners and small appliances. Beko provides products and services in more than 100 countries worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.beko.com & http://www.beko.my
ABOUT ARÇELİK GROUP
Arçelik Group belongs to Koç Group, Turkey’s largest industrial and commercial conglomerate. Koç Group, which is among the world’s top 250 companies, has leading positions domestically and internationally in various sectors, such as energy, automotive, consumer durables, finance, food and DIY retailing. Arçelik Group, which operates in consumer durables and consumer electronics sectors under the scope of Koç Holding with its production, marketing and after-sales services, was founded in 1955.
Today, Arçelik Group has approximately 25.000 employees worldwide, 14 production facilities in Turkey, Romania, Russia, China and South Africa. The Company provides products and services in with sales and marketing offices located in 25 countries and under 10 different brands (Arçelik, Beko, Grundig, Blomberg, Elektrabregenz, Arctic, Leisure, Flavel, Defy and Altus). The Group maintains its undisputed leader positions in the markets of white goods, built-ins, LCD TV's and air conditioning in Turkey. Arçelik Group is the 3rd largest white goods company of Europe. The Company is the market leader in Romania with its Arctic and in South Africa with its Defy brand.
For more information on Arçelik A.Ş., please visit www.arcelikas.com
About Thakral Corporation Ltd and Digital Info Technology Pte Ltd
Thakral Corporation Ltd (“Thakral”) is in the consumer electronics distribution business and strategic property and equity investments. It has been listed on the SGX Mainboard since December 1995. The Group's key markets for its consumer electronics distribution business include China, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
Digital Info Technology Pte Ltd (“DIT”), a wholly-owned Singapore subsidiary of Thakral, is the master distributor of Beko products for Singapore. DIT is a specialist in providing total business solution for our client. DIT had been representing & marketing for international consumer electronic and IT brand in the international field.
For more information on Thakral, please visit www.thakralcorp.com